Amy at The Ramblings of Amy has passed on an award to me!
1) Are you a rutabaga?
No, but I may or may not be a truck.
2) Who is your current crush?
Would it be too sappy to say my husband? It would. All right then, Freddie Mercury.
3) Upload a heartwarming picture that makes you smile.
Not sure about heart warming but it makes me smile. Partly because on of my WIPs has a character based on Seth, but he's nothing like the picture above.
4) When was the last time you ate a vine-ripened tomato?
Never. Ew. Tomatoes are fine as sauce but nothing else.
5) Name one habit that causes other people to plot your demise?
Probably being an insufferable know-it-all. I maintain that I am NOT a know it all. I would never claim to know anything unless I had personally verified the information recently. I AM a bit obsessed with never being wrong though (I blame my father) which is why I go out of my way to be right. I suppose it comes across badly.
6) What is the weirdest, most-disgusting job you've ever had to do?
Mom. It DOES NOT get any weirder or more disgusting than the stuff I have to deal with. Like the time I came downstairs in the morning to find that my 3 year old son had apparently been cooking in the middle of the night:
|We think he was trying to make pancakes.|
7) Where da muffin top at?
Illogical! Illogical! Please explain! You are human; only humans can explain! Illogical!
8) What author introduced you to your genre?
J.R.R. Tolkien. The Lord of the Rings changed my life in several ways.
9) Describe yourself using obscure Latin words.
Beatus, Directus, Fidelis, Gravitus.
Now my former Latin student husband can show up and tell me how I've used those words incorrectly. Well, he can go an complain to the random internet list I grabbed them from and give me a break.
And now I am passing the award on to...
TL Conway of TL Conway Writes Here
Nicole of Write Me a World
Miss Cole of Miss Cole Seeks Publisher
I found the blogs of these lovely ladies not so long ago and I've really been enjoying them. Keep up the good work, gals!
And now, with the help of Random.org, it's time to announce the winner of my Wonderland Blogfest Giveaway! The numbers have spoken and the lucky winner of the gorgeous handmade paper and the guest post/interview spot is.....
Congratulations. I'll contact you at your blog to work out details.
Tomorrow I'm scheduled to participate in two more blogfests.
There's Ellie Garrat's Star Trek as We Know It Blogfest:
- Leave your name and rank on the linky below (i.e. scienceofficergarratt).
- On August 22nd post your top five Star Trek characters and episodes and/or films, and tell us why you love them.
- Warp your way over to as many of your Starfleet comrades as you can and comment on their choices.
- Spread the word on all hailing frequencies, and feel free to post the image on your blog.
- Wear red at your peril.
What book made you realize you were doomed to be a writer?
What author set off that spark of inspiration for your current Work in Progress?
Or, Is there a book or author that changed your world view?
And there are prizes!
- There will be three Amazon Gift Cards ($15, $10, $5) awarded to random participants!
- The blogger who writes my favorite entry will get an interview on my blog so they can tell us more about their awesome source of writerly inspiration!
- By networking with other writers, you gain followers and comments for your own blog.
There's still time to sign up before tomorrow!
So does anyone know of another blogfest happening tomorrow? Then I'd be like d'Artagnan with his three duels in one afternoon. Ha! Masochism FTW!