Friday, August 5, 2011

Passing on the Love

I am always flattered and thrilled whenever I receive a blog award. It's a confirmation that, yes, I am doing something right here and people are enjoying it. There's little that makes me happier than that thought. And that's why I'm a writer.

Recently Nicole at Write me a World, an excellent blog, sent this award my way:




Nicole had this to say about me: "Sarah is a fellow fantasy lover and blogger-extraordinaire." Well, gosh. My blogging really hasn't been up to par lately, but I'll take this as motivation to get back in shape. Thanks so much, Nicole!


The goal of the award is to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules of the award are:

   1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
   2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
   3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
   4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
   5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!


Choosing who to pass awards on to is always the toughest part. But here are a few blogs that I think are very deserving:


...then she writes~ Heidi Windmiller is a self acknowledged "work in progress" with unique insights into the writing experience.


I Need to Write~ Theresa is a new blogger with a wonderful passion for writing.


Claudie A.~ Claudie is another devotee of fantasy with a lot of valuable knowledge and techniques to share.


Christine Rains- Writer~ Christine is a fellow "geek, writer and stay-at-home mom". The Trifecta of Awesome.

The Pen is Mightier~ Taylor Roseberry has the most beautiful header and a great blog. I find myself just gazing at that header though.

Speaking of having less than 200 followers, I have to say that since I only started blogging in February I am amazed by how well this venture has been going. I really expected to be shouting into the wind, my words lost to everyone but my dear husband, for a long time before I actually garnered any readers and commenters. This whole experience has been more than I ever hoped and you, all of you all over the blogosphere, are awesome and I love you.

As my follower count inches higher, I've decided that once I get to 200 I'll attempt to hold a blogfest of my very own with prizes and everything. I have a great idea for the subject. So that's something to look forward to and hopefully I'll get there before the end of the year!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And this online community will surprise you with its supportiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't believe I've gotten a blog award, that my blog is actually good enough to merit one. . . strange.

    I'm glad you like my header, I honestly didn't think anyone would like it so much :D

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, it has surprised me. Before I decided to start a blog, I had no idea this amazing network was here. I'm so glad I found it.

    TayLyee, of course your blog is good enough! It's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Ich liebe dein blog auch! Say, is blog masculine, feminine, neuter or what?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Writing with recognition from a community of writers is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much! :) This is a great award to pass on. I'm sorry I didn't get to it sooner, but I had been away. I'll be sharing the love today on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, Precious, we appreciates them!